The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the safety of all Team Members, efficient management of day-to-day activities, responding to customer inquiries & requests, and leading future projects and Kaizen initiatives.
- Ensure the safety of all Team Members, customers, and visitors through leadership and enforcing safety policies
- Reinforce safe behaviors and conditions and take immediate action to prevent injury
- Create a zero injury operation and build safety concepts into the standardized work
- Changeover preparation and subsequent training required as a result of changes due to standard or non-standard operations
- Ensure visuals are produced and maintained in support of communicating operational progress and performance output to all Team Members, leadership group, and customers
- Ensure corrective and preventive actions are reviewed and actions are taken to address process and/or team member performance gaps
- Ensure inventory accuracy, on-time performance, and process discipline throughout the operations
- Lean Concept
- Maintain interaction with the customer while promoting positive relations as well as communicate potential problems and solutions
- Promote team concept and encourage team member’s involvement in Kaizen and problem solving activities
- Develop and enforce standard work and attendance policy consistently throughout the operations
- Escalate potential line impact to the Operations Manager in a timely manner for guidance
- Ensure the balance of work load and work force that creates a level flow for the operation, making necessary adjustments to maintain optimal efficiency
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests professionally and in a timely manner
- Proactively communicate with customers with solutions to potential problems
- Physically and visibly present on the floor and providing critical leadership to team members
- Enforce operational policies and adherence of corporate policies
- Serve as the point of contact for cross-shift communication
- Manage resources for meeting customer demands as well as eliminate wastes
- Control spending through waste elimination
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to identify potential safety hazards, unsafe working conditions and unsafe behaviors, in order to take immediate corrective action to prevent safety incidents.
- Previous supervisory experience in the logistics environment is preferred.
- Ability to use lean leadership to train and coach lean concepts to Team Members.
- Knowledge of receiving, conveyance, stocking, sequencing, repacking, kitting, cross-docking, scanning, transportation and other functions within a logistics operation.
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be flexible and accept reasonable changes in work schedules (i.e. time and days) and work assignments.
- Willing to accept occasional travel assignments.
Career Progression Opportunities
LeanCor strongly encourages an internal promotion process and believes in rewarding qualified Team Members who exhibit success with the application of Lean principles. The Lean Service Center Operations Manager position can lead to numerous opportunities throughout LeanCor, whether in Operations, Consulting or Business Development.